Mass lobby and rally: save migrants’ rights
We cannot allow the government to use migrants as bargaining chips. Join our day of action to step up the fight.1st September 2017
Another Europe is Possible is proud to be co-organising a day of action on Wednesday September 13th. The lobby and rally, led by the EU migrants’ group the3million, are a vital action in stepping up our campaign to save the rights of the 3 million EU citizens in the UK and the 1.2 million British citizens in the EU.
The referendum was not a mandate to strip anyone of their rights, and we cannot allow the government to use migrants as bargaining chips in negotiations.
To get involved:
- Join the social media e-lobby online (registration here)
- Join the mass lobby of parliament at 2PM (registration here)
- Join the Rally on Trafalgar Square at 6PM (optional: please register here and you can share it on social media; this will help us reach out to more people
- Lobby your MP with the Home is Here website
The asks of the campaign are very simple:
- reach an early agreement on citizens’ rights that is separated from the rest of the negotiations, so people are protected even if there is no deal
- provide British and EU citizens with certainty that all their existing rights will be fully and permanently guaranteed under international law and jurisdiction
- ensure that the 1.2 million British citizens living in the EU can continue to move freely across member states
- implement a free and simple process for all 3 million EU citizens in the UK to certify their acquired residency and related rights.