Another Europe is Possible is proud to be co-organising a day of action on Wednesday September 13th. The lobby and rally, led by the EU migrants’ group the3million, are a vital action in stepping up our campaign to save the rights of the 3 million EU citizens in the UK and the 1.2 million British citizens in the EU.
The referendum was not a mandate to strip anyone of their rights, and we cannot allow the government to use migrants as bargaining chips in negotiations.
To get involved:
- Join the social media e-lobby online (registration here)
- Join the mass lobby of parliament at 2PM (registration here)
- Join the Rally on Trafalgar Square at 6PM (optional: please register here and you can share it on social media; this will help us reach out to more people
- Lobby your MP with the Home is Here website
The asks of the campaign are very simple:
- reach an early agreement on citizens’ rights that is separated from the rest of the negotiations, so people are protected even if there is no deal
- provide British and EU citizens with certainty that all their existing rights will be fully and permanently guaranteed under international law and jurisdiction
- ensure that the 1.2 million British citizens living in the EU can continue to move freely across member states
- implement a free and simple process for all 3 million EU citizens in the UK to certify their acquired residency and related rights.
1st September 2017