National conference – April 1st, Manchester
- Owen Jones
- Maggie Chapman, Scottish Green Party co-leader
- Manuel Cortes, TSSA general secretary
- Zoe Gardner, refugee and migrants’ rights activist
We live in dangerous and unsettling times. With Theresa May committed to a form of Brexit which will strip us of critical protections and rights, and a far right American President who is banning muslims from the country. For many migrants, refugees and people of colour, this is already a matter of life and death. It is vital that we come together to plan the next steps of our campaign.
Another Europe is Possible is a unique organisation. We led the progressive Remain campaign in the referendum, cutting across the party divides of the left and progressive spectrum. Now we are fighting for democracy in the Brexit negotiations and to retain the progressive elements of EU membership, while placing ourselves at the heart of a new movement against Brexit’s extreme twin, Donald Trump.
11:00 – 12:00 | Where are we, and what next for progressives after Brexit?
12:00 – 13:15 | Interactive breakout sessions
• Freedom to move: refugees, immigration and Brexit
• The Great Repeal Bill: everything you ever wanted to know but were too afraid to ask
13:15 – 14:15 | Lunch and regional caucuses
14:15 – 14:45 | The deal we need: Another Europe’s strategy
14:45 – 15:45 | Organising and ideas – breakouts
• We want to formulate ideas, big and small, for Another Europe’s work; and we want to talk about how we can practically implement them.
15:45 – 16:45 | Final plenary – next steps