Nationwide speaker tour announced
Today, Another Europe is Possible is announcing the first wave of dates for a nation-wide speaker tour in late May and early June.10th May 2016
We’ll be starting with our national event in London on 28th May with Yanis Varoufakis, John McDonnell and a host of other amazing speakers and interactive sessions.
Then we’re off around the country, with speakers including Owen Jones, Caroline Lucas, Clive Lewis, Matt Wrack, Salma Yaqoob, Jean Lambert, Louise Haigh, Natalie Bennett, Kerry McCarthy – and a host of local campaigners and trade unionists.
Here are the dates:
- Bristol on 31st May, from 7.30pm in the Trinity Centre. Get your ticket here.
- Birmingham on 1st June, from 7pm in the Priory Rooms. Get your ticket here.
- NEW DATE: Newcastle on 2nd June, from 7pm in the Curtis Auditorium, Newcastle University. Get your ticket here.
- Sheffield on 3rd June, from 6pm in Sheffield Hallam Students’ Union. Get your ticket here.
- Manchester on 4th June, from 4pm in the People’s History Museum. Get your ticket here.
These are just the first wave of dates to be announced. Stay tuned for another set of dates and cities in the coming days.
Key left figures launch ‘Alternative Mandate’ for Brexit negotiations
Left and progressives to unite around demands on the Brexit process, warning of "shock doctrine" moment if Tory plans are allowed to go ahead. Read more »
We must unite to oppose the Tories' Brexit plans
In this letter, MPs, trade unionists and campaigners set out their reasons for supporting The Alternative Mandate, a set of demands on the Brexit process. Read more »
Citizens Take Over Europe
Join our Zoom meeting with Adam Tooze – part of the transnational online festival Read more »
Open letter on urgent and necessary measures for rural workers in the context of COVID-19
Another Europe has signed this open letter from European Coordination Via Campesina Read more »
Trumpism is a threat to your health - and not just in America, say campaigners and MPs
UK government and Trump administration, as well as far right governments in India and Brazil, engaged in policies which risk sacrificing lives for nativist political objectives Read more »