Job vacancy: campaign organiser
Another Europe is Possible is hiring a new fulltime campaign organiser.11th April 2018
Temporary contract to March 31st 2019.
Job title: Campaign Organiser, Another Europe is Possible (hosted at Global Justice Now)
Salary: £33,100 per annum
Time: Full time
Reporting to: Another Europe is Possible National Organiser
Based in: Kennington, London
Deadline: 30th April 2018
Interviews: Shortly thereafter
To apply: please email your CV and a covering letter addressing the person specification to email@example.com
About Another Europe is Possible
Another Europe Is Possible was established to campaign for a radical ‘in’ vote in the EU referendum on 23rd June 2016. We said ‘stay in Europe to change Europe’. We come from across the spectrum of the progressive left, working across party political lines to campaign for democracy, human rights, and social justice.
We remain the only campaign fighting to stop Brexit from the left. Since the referendum, we have run high profile campaigns to retain the progressive aspects of EU membership (e.g. environmental regulations, free movement, citizen rights); fight for democracy and transparency in the process of Brexit; and get a referendum on the terms of the deal with an option to remain in the EU.
The campaign brings together a broad range of groups and stakeholders from the progressive left, including from the Labour Party, the Green Party, the SNP, Sinn Fein and other progressive parties, giving us a unique ability to present an ‘anti-establishment’ case for remaining in the EU. We are affiliated to European Alternatives.
About this role:
The campaign organiser will be one of two staff employed by Another Europe. They will work with the National Organiser to coordinate the campaign as a whole, consulting with stakeholders, devising campaigns and helping with strategic planning. The campaign organiser will have a special role in developing the grassroots network across the UK, which includes local organisers, supporters and sympathetic political parties, trade unions and NGOs; and in running social media and digital communications.
Work will be largely in office hours, but the postholder will regularly be required to attend evening and weekend meetings and events for which time off in lieu will be granted.
- Building the grassroots network – identifying and working with local and regional organisers to build a local presence across the UK, including local groups and affiliated local hubs
- Developing supporter packs and regular actions for local activists to engage with
- Organising events – nationally and locally, from big rallies to small workshops and logistical meetings to mobilise current supporters and attract new ones
- Organising mobilisations, press stunts and protests to engage activists and improve our profile
- Overseeing social media – creating daily viral content and reaction, and regular videos and building a proper digital communications strategy
- Liaising with key contacts (advisory committee and local organisers) to ensure the we’re regularly represented in national and local media
- Maintain a database of contacts including affiliated organisations, local volunteers, and speakers.
- Developing a membership plan: creating a more stable form of income into the future by expanding our number of supporters and increasing their financial support, and making sure supporters receive excellent supporter care via email
- Where necessary, assist with fundraising such as crowd funding.
- Undertake other tasks as required to run the campaign, as agreed with the national organiser.
- Experience of mobilising and organising for on progressive issues in either a grassroots, trade union or NGO setting.
- Experience of working in, or building relationships with, grassroots movements or working with local groups and understanding the needs of local activists and supporters
- Experience of running social media accounts and digital campaigns; and of using social media to build an audience and motivate participation.
- Experience of organising public events – preferably both national and local events
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with experience of drafting email actions or leaflet copy.
- Experience of planning and facilitating meetings and workshops.
- Highly organised and efficient, with the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- A high level of interest in current affairs and an understanding of the nuances of progressive political positions and debates
- Committed to fighting for social, environmental and economic justice.
- Ability to work collaboratively with coalition members and with grassroots volunteers
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required, and to travel to other parts of the UK (for which time off in lieu will be granted).
- Experience of engaging marginalised groups in campaigns
- Knowledge of how to update web content with a content management system.
- Experience of design and/or video editing software
What we offer
The salary for this role is £33,100 per annum plus non-contributory pension. The post is offered at five days a week, though we will consider part time hours and job-shares.
Working hours are flexible, but on the basis of a seven-hour working day. Some evening and weekend work will be expected, for which time off in lieu will be granted.
Annual leave is 26 days a year + bank holidays (pro rata)
Kate Hoey for leader campaign launched
Another Europe is today launching a campaign to persuade Kate Hoey to run for leader of the party. Read more »
New tour dates - the Left Against Brexit
We're coming to Leeds, Sheffield, Norwich, Newcastle and York - with more to be announced soon. Read more »
Labour set for policy shift as left and Labour grassroots turns against Brexit
The latest press release in the run up to Labour conference. Read more »
The fightback is on: massive turnout for Left Against Brexit
The left is waking up. Another Europe’s Left Against Brexit tour is looking massive, with a spike in left anti-Brexit activism on the cards. Read more »
Job opportunities: regional organisers for Another Europe and Labour for a People's Vote
Join us as a regional organiser to help build the left case against Brexit in the labour movement. Read more »