Now is the time: step up the fight against Brexit
We are living through a profound political crisis. Everything is at stake, but we can win.30th March 2019
This wasn’t supposed to be happening – but it’s March 30th 2019 and we are still in the EU.
We are living through a profound political crisis. Everything is at stake, and the events in parliament show, clear as day, that we can win and that what we are doing matters more than ever.
The next few weeks are going to be about 3 things:
- Pressuring and supporting MPs to vote for a public vote, and against Brexit
- Shifting public opinion
- Preparing the ground for a massive, radical referendum campaign
To do this, we need you.
- Order some materials here and now.
- Organise locally – set a time and place for leafleting or a stall, and we will promote it for you. Let us know details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pressure and support your local MP – arrange a visit, and share our write to your MP tool
- Get active in your political party and trade union. We have already led the campaign to shift Labour, and soon we will be releasing new tools and motions. In the meantime, if you’re in Labour submit this motion to your local party.
And if you haven’t already, please join us.
Questions or comments? Get in touch at email@example.com
Syriza is down but not out. Now it must fight Greece’s march to the right
The party of government, New Democracy, is no modernising force. Greece needs a strong left opposition, writes Marina Prentoulis. Read more »
Remain, Reform, Revolt
We are launching a major new campaign launched this summer. Read more »
Left Bloc on the March for Change
Join us in the streets on July 20th. Read more »
Motion for Labour Party conference 2019
Another Europe is Possible, Labour for a Socialist Europe and Open Labour have launched their motion for Labour Party conference 2019. If you are member of the Labour Party, you should submit it now to your CLP. Read more »
New report: Portugal shows that left wing governments can win inside the EU
A new report authored by Hilary Wainwright, a leading left wing academic and writer, has found that Portugal’s socialist government has had major success in delivering a radical anti-austerity manifesto within the EU. Read more »