Now is the time: step up the fight against Brexit
We are living through a profound political crisis. Everything is at stake, but we can win.30th March 2019
This wasn’t supposed to be happening – but it’s March 30th 2019 and we are still in the EU.
We are living through a profound political crisis. Everything is at stake, and the events in parliament show, clear as day, that we can win and that what we are doing matters more than ever.
The next few weeks are going to be about 3 things:
- Pressuring and supporting MPs to vote for a public vote, and against Brexit
- Shifting public opinion
- Preparing the ground for a massive, radical referendum campaign
To do this, we need you.
- Order some materials here and now.
- Organise locally – set a time and place for leafleting or a stall, and we will promote it for you. Let us know details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pressure and support your local MP – arrange a visit, and share our write to your MP tool
- Get active in your political party and trade union. We have already led the campaign to shift Labour, and soon we will be releasing new tools and motions. In the meantime, if you’re in Labour submit this motion to your local party.
And if you haven’t already, please join us.
Questions or comments? Get in touch at email@example.com
We will fight for every inch
A statement from the National Committee of Another Europe: The left and the remains of the anti-Brexit movement must break their silence and mobilise against the Tories' Brexit agenda. Read more »
Opposition parties call on government to introduce ‘right to stay’ for EU citizens
Representatives of the SNP, the Lib Dems, Plaid Cymru, the Green Party and the SDLP have today written to the Prime Minister urging him to take fresh measures to protect the rights of European citizens after Brexit. Read more »
Event: No going back to ‘normal’, 14th September 2020
The global economy, pandemic politics and system transformation in the 21st century, with Joseph Stiglitz and Mary Kaldor. 3–4.15pm UK time, 14th September 2020 Read more »
Key left figures launch ‘Alternative Mandate’ for Brexit negotiations
Left and progressives to unite around demands on the Brexit process, warning of "shock doctrine" moment if Tory plans are allowed to go ahead. Read more »
We must unite to oppose the Tories' Brexit plans
In this letter, MPs, trade unionists and campaigners set out their reasons for supporting The Alternative Mandate, a set of demands on the Brexit process. Read more »